🚀 The Book in 3 Sentences
Truly remarkable book. Simple and fascinating. Kaku puts complex physics rule in understandable to layman way. It’s sad that there few such works in print. Feynman only comes to mind.
How I Discovered It
Mentioned during one of the book club meeting.
Who Should Read It?
Anyone who wishes to understand how our Universe operates. With books from the list below.
☘️ How the Book Changed Me
How my life / behaviour / thoughts / ideas have changed as a result of reading the book.
✍️ My Top 3 Quotes
The work of a scientist is to simplify, but not to much
- The work of a scientist is to simplify things without oversimplification. Untangle the knot of complicated entities to a single sheet of paper.
- All analytics of literature work move in another direction, trying as hard as they could interpret and reinterpret what, Bulgakov meant by that, or Joyce really wanted to convey there.
- [[Surely You’re Joking Mr Feynman Adventures of a Curious Character#Simplification of books]]
- [[ошибочная дихотомия#^98d34e]]
- [[Critical thinking#^cd5a83]]
- [[Antifragile books 4 and 5#^b5d025]]
- Atomic note in its essence is a simplified to certain amount of characters idea.
- Usually everything we read can be put in five sentences, tops. Remember Calculus.
- It grew to 1300 pages out of initial 6 pages paper by Leibniz.
The meaning of life
- Meaning is not what could be given.
- Meaning of life is an elusive thing. It should be fought and bled for.
- There is no meaning in something gifted by mountaintop guru.
- To truly appreciate it, it has to be a struggle, just having, defeats all the purpose.
- Decomposition works in the same manner. If authors used plain language and could transfer what they meant instantly to our head, reading wouldn’t be such engaging activity.
- Though not everybody can feel joy from it.
- [[Good reading is an effortful process]]
📚 Related Books
- [[Surely You’re Joking Mr Feynman Adventures of a Curious Character]]
- [[The Beginning of Infinity]]